Sunday, October 11, 2009

Newspaper Article

Man Shot, Killed by Deputies in Elk River ID'd


Last week there was a shooting at the government building in Elk River, MN. A man by the name of Dana Dempsey entered the building carrying a gun when two police officers noticed and shot him. Dempsey was transfered to Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids where shortly after he passed away. Dempsey was already in the courthouse earlier that week because he was to be sentenced for running a methamphetamine lab.


I chose to write about this for a couple special reasons today. First of all my boyfriends mom actually works at this building and I knew about this only minutes after it happened when I got a phone call from my boyfriend because he was upset. He couldnt get any details and he was told to stay away.
My second reason is because Dana Dempsey was the father to someone whom I graduated with who has had a hard life, so this particular article was hard to just look over and ignore for me.

-Fox 9 News online

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I live in Elk River so that's scary that this happened near me! I can't believe that the police officers just shot him right away, and that he'd died! That's really sad. Did they find out why he was carrying the gun, and what he was trying to do? Do you know what happened to the police officers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far they have no idea why he had the gun, or at least they have not released it. The officers are on probation right now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grade: 9/10
    Mistakes:
    • Missing possessive apostrophe in boyfriend's
    • Should be Minn.

    ReplyDelete