Wednesday, November 11, 2009

France

My favorite trip was my trip to France with my French class the summer after my Sophomore year in highschool. We spent two weeks roaming around France checking out castles, beaches, and random other things that were interesting to the culture.
The best part of the whole trip was the people who went. A few of my really close friends were all along on this trip, one of them being a wild, crazy out going girl by the name of Nicci, whom I can now say is one of my best friends.
Nicci was my roomate through out the trip and on the very first night we were staying in a hotel in Paris. When we looked out of our room there were to homeless men on the corner, which were the first I had ever seen in my life, (you just don't see homeless people around my small home town) and Nicci decided she wanted to say hello. She yelled out in a chipper voice, "Bonjour!"
The men walked over tward the window and yelled, "Salut," back up to us, which means Hi.
Then the men started to yell more up to us, and all that we could catch out of it was that they were asking us if we would sleep with their friend. Nicci has a bit of a temper and found a big loaf of bread and chucked it at them. Let me tell you, this girl has some good aim, and hit the man square on the head.
However, this bread was no ordinary bread it was so ridiculously hard that none of us had been able to bite into it. I'm sure that man was mad. Nicci saw it as she was feeding the homeless, but like I said shes a kind of crazy girl. When we saw he was mad we both ducked down underneith the windows and I crawled over to the side window and peered out, the man saw me and started yelling and shaking his fist again. Soon we decided to go into the next room and chill with our friends instead.

Around 3 a.m. we went back into our own room and layed in bed. In France they have no air conditioning, and so we had to sleep with our windows open. I was just drifting off, when I heard Nicci, "Missy....Missy....MISSY!!"
"WHAT?"
"What if the hobo's come and shank us in our sleep?"
"Nicci, we are up four stories and I highly doubt that they can climb four stories of solid brick."
"Oh, okay."
And off she went, sleeping and drooling away.
This is only one of the few crazy nights we had, our whole trip was filled with laughter and joy. It was the first time I had ever been away from home, my parents, my family, and I was never happier.
That was how I spent my first night in France.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you had a pretty crazy time in France! Different cultures take things much differently, it is hard to tell how they will react to things that make no difference to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grade: 3.5/10
    * Remember to spellcheck.
    • High school is two words
    • sophomore should not be capitalized
    • Outgoing is one word
    • Throughout is one word
    • Should be two not to
    • Toward misspelled
    • Hi did not need to be capitalized
    • Should be she's
    • Underneath misspelled
    • Run-on sentence: When we saw he was mad we both ducked down underneith the windows and I crawled over to the side window and peered out, the man saw me and started yelling and shaking his fist again.
    • Should be laid not layed
    • Should be hobos (no apostrophe because it's plural)
    • Run-on sentence: This is only one of the few crazy nights we had, our whole trip was filled with laughter and joy.

    ReplyDelete