Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Introduction

Hi My name is Melissa Holthaus, and usually I go by Missy-Anne. I am 18 (almost 19 on November 20th. I live in Monticello and am going to the Coon Rapids campus currently. I have two older brothers, and the oldest just had a son this July so I am now an Aunt as well.

I have actually wanted to be a journalist since I was about 10 years old! Also, I have won a writing award before through my Dad's work as the "best young writer of the year"- from Twin City Tile and Marble. I super excited about this class!

Right now I am just working on my generals here at Anoka Ramsey, and my plan is to eventually switch to a university. My dream for after college is to open a magazine for girls to help them through adolesence years.

I plan on also getting a minor in photography and business.

Random facts:
Favorite Song: Crazy Mary
Favorite Book: Pants on Fire
Favorite Flower: Daisy & Sunflower
Favorite Color: Lime Green
Favorite Show: One Tree Hill
=] Thats all for now

4 comments:

  1. Is the song Crazy Mary by FM Static?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! You'll find later on in this class that sidebars (lists, etc.) are a great benefit to readers and help them more easily figure out what the story is about. I'm thrilled that you've opted to take this class, and hope that you get much out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing that you have wanted to be a journalist since the age of 10! It took me a long time to decide what I want to do as a career, I'm motivated by your motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carissa- Yes that song is by FM static! You know them!?
    Ashley- Thank you! That is so good to hear!

    ReplyDelete